Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Bon Voyage, Asian James

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." - St. Augustine

As I patiently wait for my airport limo service to arrive at my house, I'm surprised that I am neither scared nor anxious about this trip. From what all of my friends have told me, Florence, Italy is a great time and it's normal to be scared. I'll be interested to see if the emotion of fear does emerge as I get closer to the country.

On a similar note, I'm curious to see if I'll experience culture shock, the state of being terrified from being in an alien environment. I adapt pretty well to unknown situations and have always been a very independent person (being able to make decisions on my own, live on my own, taking care of myself without the help of others, etc.) but I've always been at least a bit familiar with my surroundings. Knowing me, I have a feeling that I'll just chalk everything up to being "COOL" or "AWESOME" instead of thinking "WHAT THE F*(&?"

Since my time in America is winding down, this entry will have to be kept short. The limo arrives in 10 minutes so it's time to go sit on my front porch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home